The following is by a guest writer, Lawrence Tomas, who originally posted this to the Freethinkers United Facebook page.
THE BIGGEST MISTAKE THAT ALL CHRISTIANS MAKE
Almost all Christians (followers of Christianity) make one tragic mistake in the very beginning when they first accept the religion and yes…it is a whopper!
Becoming a Christian at the tender age of 12 years old, I never knew of course that I was making this mistake.
But now that I see the mistake, it’s impossible to keep quiet about it! I can’t keep quiet… nor should I keep quiet. I have to share this…so listen close!
HERE IS WHAT HAPPENS…
It usually begins at a young age when someone (parent, friend or family member) approaches you and they ask you the famous question…
“If you died right now, do you know for sure you would go to Heaven?”
They then proceed to tell you the Gospel story how that 2,000 years ago, God loved you and sent his son Jesus to die on a cross to save you from your sins and save you from going to Hell.
Well, if the timing is right, this particular confrontation is too overwhelming and as it tugs on your heart strings, you somehow feel obligated to repent and ask Jesus to save you.
If you ask any questions, they are quickly shut down and we are told…
“We don’t go by factual evidence or proof, we accept it by “faith”. Jesus said to “only believe”. He also said that the devil will lie to us and try to deceive us into disbelieving. Trust me…it is all true…I promise you!”
So we do what we are told and accept it by faith without seeing any evidence what soever to back any of it up…none…zero.
SO WHAT IS THE BIG MISTAKE!
THE BIG MISTAKE IS….We never check any of it out…
1. We never do any research to see if Jesus actually existed.
2. We never do any research to see if the apostles actually existed.
3. We never do any research to see who actually wrote the Roman New Testament…the hows, whys, whens and wheres…we never check any of that out.
4. We never do any research to see who actually started this religion and why?
5. We never do any research to see if the Apostle Paul who allegedly wrote over half of the New Testament actually existed or started any churches.
6. We never do any research to see if the Hebrew/Roman Bible is historically, scientifically and archaeologically accurate & correct. We never do any research to see if what the ancient Hebrews were telling us… was factually sound and 100% true.
7. We never do any research to see if any of the so called “Church Fathers” were legit and actually telling us the truth.
8. We never do any research to see if any of the Old Testament Bible characters were legit and actually existed.
9. We never do any research into the ancient Romans to understand the religious culture & political climate which existed in Rome during the 1st Century CE. We never do any research into the ancient Judean Hebrews to understand the religious culture & political climate which existed in Palestine during the 1st Century CE.
10. We never do any research to see that Imperial Rome had their dirty hands upon this new Christian religion from the very beginning and that the entire Gospel Story is nothing more than a fabricated Roman lie.
NO…we never checked anything out for authenticity…we just went with it. We accepted the entire story upon the basis of “faith” and never spent ONE MINUTE of our time to see if any of it was ever true.
Then we start going to church where we are told if we question anything it displeases God and we are to accept & believe everything on “Faith Alone”. This brainwashing usually continues until we die unless we have an “epiphany” and somehow come to our senses which most people never do.
Yup…Christians have been taught to believe that the church was born 2,000 years ago and that’s the big mistake. They naively assume that everyone has been telling them the 100% absolute truth from the ancient Romans down to the modern day Christian ministers.
We believe and accept it without doing any research whatsoever…we just go with it because someone told us to. We buy into and believe the greatest hoax that mankind has ever seen. What we thought was true (the Bible), turns out to be 66 separate books which are nothing than mythical fabricated fairytales.
And it’s a whopper of a mistake because it controls & colors every single aspect of our thinking and being. We become a Christian, develop an imaginary friend, and spend the rest of our lives thinking we are immortal and that we are going to live forever in a paradise. This false beliefism will control us and our family for the remainder of our natural lives.
QUESTION: Then who is to blame for making this monumental mistake?
ANSWER: YOU and YOU alone. Because you never took the time to do any personal investigation or research. You just believed the lies and for doing that you payed or are still paying a great price…